CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Captain Underpants

Adam and I visited our friends Paige and Abby the other day and the fact that Abby is a month younger and already completely potty trained inspired us to attempt this long awaited task.
Adam was impressed that his peer was going to the potty by herself so I think it will help him to get started. We went to Chuck E Cheese's with her today to celebrate her poop party (it sounds more disgusting that it really is). Adam had never been to Chuck's so he was REALLY excited to play there and eat pizza, I referred to it as Las Vegas for kids because both places are equally obnoxious.
Anyways, we got a lot of great tips and ideas from Paige are are attempting to figure out a pee cycle for Adam. That basically consists of a lot of accidents on the floors. There are M&M's involved and everything. We tell him if he pees on the potty he gets 1 M&M, so what's he do? He sits on the potty grunts with all his might, has nothing come out and then asks for an M&M. I say 'no, you didn't actually pee' and then here comes the tantrum followed by lots of pee everywhere! What a joke, this is a true test of my patience.


For the most part little boys clothes are boring in comparison to the super cute little girl clothes out there. But, hands down, little boy underpants are the cutest things around! Adam picked these out himself. In case you can't read what's on his behind, it says 'Lightning McQueen'.



Now if I could only get him to cherish this undies so much that he doesn't want to pee in them....

2 comments:

Jos said...

Daedra, have fun! Remember not to have too high of expectations. We tried many different things before we found something that worked for our boys (I'd be happy to share if you are interested). If he is the kind of kid who doesn't like to get messy it may not take too long! But I've heard over and over that boys are harder to train than girls. love ya!

daedra said...

yes please! Suggestions are welcome, I'll try anything right now because I have 3 diapers left and 0 $ in my posession.