CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

What the...

So, I have this thing with doctors, I don't really get them and I don't really like them, well.. most of them. I have a chiropractor I adore and the doctor who delivered Adam is great.

When I was in college I went to this doctor to see if he could figure out why I get such dark circles around my eyes. First off I waited so long in the exam room that I FELL ASLEEP! Then when this guy finally came in and started talking to me about my issue he actually said: "Oh, I wouldn't worry about your dark circles, you're pretty enough that no one will even notice."
WHAT!!?!? I wasn't coming to you out of vanity but for my own health. I left there pretty quickly and never went back.

Today I had a doc appointment with a endocrinologist (who came highly recommended btw). It took me a long time to make the appointment because our insurance doesn't cover regular doctor visits and I constantly feel guilty for spending $300 and getting basically nothing in return from a 30 minute visit.
Anyways, this doc is supposed to help me figure out why I only have 3-4 periods a year. (I know, it sounds fun and all but when you're only 31 and in your childbearing years it really sucks). After asking me all these questions about everything in my entire life he finally does a little exam, testing my reflexes, etc. While lying on my back he is looking at my legs and bare feet when he says "You need to take better care of your feet. You need to tell your husband to get you a pedicure." SERIOUSLY!?!?! I walked away from this appointment with A) more blood drawn from my body that will tell him the same thing it did in February's blood work and B) thinking I have horribly ugly mangled feet, which I DON'T!!!! Hopefully my feet improve when I see him at the end of December... oh, wait that's not the reason I went there was it....

1 comments:

Brittan said...

what the heck!?!?!?!?!? what a jerk! i've seen your feet. they are not ugly, i would remember! :)