CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

10 Things I Learned on Vacation

1. I love northern Michigan (ok, that's nothing new. It was just reaffirmed). The air is cleaner, the people are friendlier, and the water is so clear it looks tropical.
2. I don't need to wash my clothes after only one wear. I wore a few pair of shorts for up to 3 days and since I never got food or dirt on them they looked clean. Shirts are a different story, I tend to spill lots of food on the front of myself and therefore needed to change my shirt on a more frequent basis.
3. Taking a bath in a lake is refreshing but not really cleansing, especially when you have to walk in the sand afterwards.
4. I really like flushing toilets that are close by, not pit toilets that are a block away.
5. A 4 hour downpour accompanied by constant thunder & lightning is not fun in a tent from Target. It convinced me that my next tent needs to come from a outdoor store. (We learned the hard way that our fly has a leak in it and that the bottom of our tent leaks when consumed by water.)
6. My son is obsessed with becoming a Junior Ranger in all the National Parks, sounds good to me!
7. I need a family vacation that doesn't involve tents, cooking outdoors and smelling nasty the whole time. I pray that next year's vacation with a baby will not include these things.
8. I have a hard time saying goodbye to Lake Michigan.
9. The bays on Lake Michigan are MUCH more pleasant that the coastlines.
10. I could live without a computer.

0 comments: