CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sorry for all the potty talk

Today we ventured to 12 Oaks Mall for a playdate and some lunch.
I had lots of anxiety about this trip. I planned to take Adam for the car ride (30 minutes one way) and spend the whole time at the mall with no diapers or pull-ups, only underpants (and regular pants of course!)
He did wonderful! Not one accident, not even close!

I've learned that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then your 2 year old knows it's a duck. So, if a pull-up looks like a diaper, feels like a diaper, gets thrown away like a diaper than your 2 year old will pee in it like it's a diaper! They're not stupid.
When Adam is in his big boy underpants he understand (because of me repeating it over and over) that he is not supposed to pee in them. I still have to remind him to use the potty every 20-30 minutes but after a while I know that he will figure it out himself. It just takes persistence. I love it when a puzzle comes together and makes sense!

0 comments: