CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Currently Cooking

I've gotten into a cooking slump lately. Nothing sounds appealing to my taste buds. But THIS was SOOOO yummy and easy that I just have to share. If you like middle eastern shish tawook or shwarma you'll love to make this at home!

Grilled Chicken Shawarma serves 4

Combine the following ingredients in a shallow dish for marinating:
(here's a tip, double the dry seasoning mixture and save it for future use. This way you won't have to make it every time)

1T ground cumin
1T ground coriander
1T ground cardamom (I didn't have this in my cupboard and it costs about $10 a bottle at the grocery store so I omitted it and the dish still turned out fantastic!)
1T chili powder
1t sweet paprika
1T grill seasoning
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup EVOO
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped or grated

Add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts to this mixture and marinate for at least 15 minutes. (I marinated them basically all day in the fridge because I like the flavor to really sink in)

After marinating is done cook the chicken breasts on a outdoor grill or grill pan. While the chicken cooks prepare the yogurt sauce. Combine:

1-1/2 - 2 cups plain Greek style yogurt
1/4 sesame tahini paste (it's located near the hummus in the grocery store)
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 t ground cumin

Now you can slice the chicken and place it in a pita with the sauce and some lettuce or do what we did and just place the sliced chicken over a bed of lettuce and top with the yogurt sauce.

It's to die for, seriously.

1 comments:

Caren said...

That sounds GREAT!!!! I'm coming for dinner!