CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Generosity

This past week I was in contact with Jocelyn from our church, I needed to get her address so that I could send her Nicole's baby shower invitation. I don't even know Jocelyn and in talking I found out some interesting things. First, she's from the same small town in Ontario where a few of my relatives live and she knows them!
Then, the Lord was just chattering away at me when I was emailing her a reply. He said that I needed to offer her the spare bedroom in our house because she's going to need it until she get married this July. I offered and it was TRUE! She does need a place to stay from April 19-July. She and Steve came over on Saturday to meet us, because like I said we don't really know each other. We got along very well and they loved our house.
The Lord is really speaking to me a lot about this situation. Hence Proverbs 11:24-26 (NLT):

Give freely and become more wealthy;
be stingy and lose everything.

The generous will prosper;
those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

People curse those who hoard their grain,
but they bless the one who sells in time of need.

The funny thing is that Brian told me yesterday that in the past he felt that someone was going to be living with us but didn't know who and so he never mentioned it to me.

1 comments:

Caren said...

Awesome! He works in mysterious ways!