CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I am learning that I have really odd food allergies. Not the usual like peanuts or dairy......

When I was a teenager I learned that I am allergic to avocado. If I eat even the smallest piece of avocado in any form I will be ill within 10 minutes. I actually feel like I'm going to throw up but I never do.

When we were on vacation I ate a bowl of rice crispies with some bananas on top for breakfest one morning. Within 10 minutes I was throwing up, it actually felt like morning sickness which startled me a little. Well yesterday Adam was eating a banana and decided that I should finish what he couldn't, so I chowed down on a nice banana. 10 minutes later it was coming out both ends if you know what I mean (sorry for the TMI). I broke out in sweats and was laying on the bathroom floor rocking in the fetal position. It was awful, I will NEVER eat another banana.

So long bananas! That's ok, you weren't my favorite fruit anyways.

Who knows what will be next.

6 comments:

R said...

wow.
maybe it's morning sickness.
:)

daedra said...

I tested that theory yesterday and it is not morning sickness

Anonymous said...

actually, bananas and avocados fall into the same (class 2) food allergy category. are you allergic to latex? there is a very high chance that you are.

unfortunately, other class two foods are: potato, tomato, kiwi, chestnut, walnut, passion fruit, pear, grapefruit, mushroom, bell pepper, mango, pineapple, celery, cantaloupe, apple, papaya, almond, buckwheat, fig, lettuce, peach, orange, peanut, strawberry, pepper, mustard, watermelon, bamboo shoot, carrot, coconut, apricot, loquat, peppermint, soybean, cherries and nectarines.

Sarah said...

wowza...i would DIE if i couldn't eat bananas. Between Josh & I we eat two good-sized bunches a week.

check out meagan the fun governor. just eat broth from now on.

daedra said...

Thanks for the info Meg, that's a lot of food. I hope that I don't end up with all those food allergies. I can live without avocado and bananas, but loquat I could NEVER live without! ;)
I am not allergic to latex, I just wore latex gloves today andnothing happened. But as I'm learning I may develop this allergy over time.

Anonymous said...

wah wah wahhhhhh (that wasn't crying- it's was that wah wah wahhh sound when you lose on a game show)

yeah, sorry to poop on your party. my neighbor is allergic to peanut butter and peas because they're in the same family! crazy.

i hope your allergies stay where they are and do not become more complex :(