CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

We're Baaack!

Sunsetting on Lake Michigan in Muskegon
Little boy and a big lighthouse in Ludington
We're back from a much needed vacation. Although it wasn't very fancy (it consisted mostly of camping and cabin living) we did the things that we love the most for over a week. We swam, watched the sun set, hung out with Brian's family, hung out with the Lloyd family, spent time in nature, and enjoyed each other's company.

We started out in Beaverton where we spent a few days with the Surowiec's at their cabin. When we weren't swimming we were trying as hard a we could to convince Papa to remodel the cabin. Only time will tell if it works. I used the best tactic I know, black mail... I said I won't have anymore kids until he makes the place more kid friendly. And by "kid friendly" I mean more than 2 sound proof bedrooms and a bath tub! :)

Next we drove over to Ludington where we camped for one night at Ludington State Park.
This is a really beautiful state park that I would recommend to anyone. A river comes out at the lake and creates a really nice swimming spot. The park is also situated on huge sand dunes that are fun for a kid of any age.

Then we went to Muskegon and camped there for 2 nights at Muskegon State Park. Another very nice park. Our campsite was HUGE and right by the steps to the beach. We took a tour of the Hackley-Hume historical site in town, that was pretty great for adults, not so much for a 2 year old.

THEN, we drove a few miles down the road to Grand Haven where we met up with our friends Dave and Paige Lloyd and their 2 girls Abby and Caroline. Together we went swimming a few times and I somehow became tanorexic (my back is really dark). We taught Dave and Paige how to play dominoes and we spent many night time hours addicted to playing that game. I also discovered the game of Boggle and how much I don't enjoy it, I'm too lazy to try to find all those words! We had such a wonderful time with them. Before we drove home on Sunday we took one last trip out to the beach. I really didn't want to leave all that fresh air and beautiful scenery, but I know where it is if I ever need to go back. Maybe some day I can stay there permanently.
Click here to see all the photos from our vacation.

4 comments:

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

my adam was up at that same lighthouse in ludington in june!

Sarah said...

I don't know who is checking out your gallery but you'll notice the ones viewed the most are the really big boob shots...I'm just saying...

R said...

welcome back!
i went to college on the west side, and i do miss the lake. will have to try those camp sites you mentioned.

daedra said...

Thanks for the boob comment, now I feel even MORE insecure about my appearance!!!