CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

How Great is Our God?

To quote one of Grande's songs that I've been singing to myself lately: "You move mountains in my soul / drench the deserts of my heart / in the deepest, darkest valley Lord / You lift me up and strengthen me / breath in me new life /relieve me of my burdens."

Over the past few weeks I've had a less than plesant experience with life. But I'm learning that through prayers and God's promise something that is horrible in every way can be made a little bit better with prayer. And that is something wonderful that I know I can count on in the future.
My dad's bike accident hurt him badly but I prayed over him a couple of times and he is healing quickly. I also prayed that they would be financially ok and all his medical bills would be taken care of. Someone informed my mom that they can use their own auto insurance to pay for his medical bills and so that is taken care of!!! Thanks God.

One of my students delivered her son at only 33 weeks gestation. I've been visiting with them at the hospital while he's in the NICU. On Saturday she called to see if I would come up to the hospital to meet their families. I was honored to meet their loved ones and quickly bonded with her mom and sister who are Catholic and understand the power of prayer. Since she went into labor I prayed for the baby to be healthy and to get out of the hospital quickly. Myles is very healthy and when I was leaving church on Sunday she called to tell me they took him off his oxygen and were going to be removing his IV very shortly too. This is AMAZING because it was less than a week after his birth!! Praise you Lord, I expect this baby to be in his own bed at home this week.

And then the worst of all. My best friend lost her baby girl at under 19 weeks gestation. I've been in such shock that I'm either speechless and really crabby or crying a lot. I've never prayed so much and so hard in all my life. While she was in the hospital I was specifically praying for a) a pain free delivery (apparently the drugs are very powerful and require most patients to have an epidural AND morphine) She did it without the drugs. b) a quick delivery, which it was c) An answer to why this baby did not make it into the world, the answer came upon delivery, the cord was wrapped around her neck. d) that my friend come out of this physically and mentally safe. She is physically safe but I continue to pray for the peace of mind that only the Lord can bring in such a time of despair. Blessings, S, I love you.

Just to know that my prayers were all answered is so comforting. I've been doing a bible study on the book of Daniel which is really great. I'm a very simple person and if I don't understand AND enjoy something I won't do it, this bible study is easy and wonderful. But in the homework I did last night I was brought to tears when I realized why all these prayers were being answered. It all comes down to the fact that God loves that I'm diving into His word and worshipping him through educating myself. It was so beautiful and so simple that I now want to do some sort of study of EVERY book of the bible. I didn't grow up in a church so this is my adult version of Sunday school and I'm excited about it.

I wanted to post this to give credit where credit is due, I may have been praying but God did the work, not me. He is the almightly and powerful One that works miracles!

4 comments:

Jos said...

Daedra, I am really blessed to be along this joy ride with you- our God is a good God, all of the time... and I am really blessed by the testimony of His faithfulness to you-- yay!!!

linds said...

I'm so proud of you Daedra and your posture towards facing all these things. You've made your heavenly Father so proud. I'm proud of you as well. Its a beautiful thing to see.

xoxo

Sarah said...

How funny - I just posted the Chris Tomlin song w/ the same name...

daedra said...

God keeps giving me more and more things for your Sarah. He's totally working through me and I love it. I love listening to Him because I know it will be what you need. Whether it's prayer or a physical item or gesture.