CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Memories




I spent this past weekend in Harrison with my 82 year old grandmother and my 2-1/2 year old son. It was quite tiring because I was the translator between the two of them for three whole days!
My gram has had this little place up north forever and it's always so weird to go back there as an adult. The memories just come flooding back and they make me kinda sad. Sad that I don't really spend time with my cousins anymore. Sad that I don't do some of the things that I used to. And sad that my grandma is getting very old. She's still kickin it like she's 65 but I think she's pretty lonely. Everyday she would reminisce about memories she has and it made me wonder... is she making any new memories? Because the only thing that makes me not feel too depressed about the memories from long ago is that I'm making new ones all the time. I guess that by spending time with her I'm helping her make new memories and that's pretty great.

0 comments: