CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Currently Blessed

Do you know that God is always on your side? I have this sneaking suspicion that He really likes me and listens to me!! Whenever I say "Gee, it would be really nice to have ______" it literally shows up for free or nearly free. Although, to have this stuff happen to me I had to give up buying the stuff brand new and just accept that I'd have to look in the garbage or at garage sales.
Earlier this summer I wished that I had a little white wire fence around my garden to keep Adam from kicking his soccer ball in there. A couple of days later I was driving down Inkster Road on trash day and I saw a rolled up length of white wire fencing in someones trash. I got over the fact that I'd be a garbage picker and turned around to go get it. It fit my garden perfectly!! I couldn't believe it!
And then a few weeks ago Adam was playing a fishing game a church with some other kids. I remembered having it when I was a kid and it's absolutely addicting. I thought, this would be a really nice thing to have for Adam because he was entertained for hours with this game. (OK, it'd be nice for me too). I kinda glanced at Target for the game but didn't see it, so I just put it in the back of my mine. I was SO EXCITED to find this game for $1 at the garage sale across the street today! But, of course I had just put all my cash into my gas tank a half hour prior. The neighbor was so nice, she's like "oh, don't worry about it, you can owe me $1. I don't care" Then this sweet little 10 year old boy handed Adam 4 quarters to buy the game! I almost cried it was so sweet. It only has one pole but look how much fun he's having:

I have recently been praying for financial provisions to come so that the three of us can attend a conference at the Toronto church with the Ross family. We've never been to Toronto and would love to experience this event. Last week I was blessed by Sarah when she passed off some work to me and I was able to earn more than enough to register for the conference. We still need a lot more but I have faith that if God wants us there He will bring all the opportunities to earn the money needed for the hotel, gas and food for our family trip. I'm so excited to share what happens in the next few months.

0 comments: