CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 10, 2007

Welcome to the World

Last night (or this morning) I assisted in a birth for the first time. It was amazing to say the least!

Travis Alfred Harris was born at 2:38 AM at home in a tub of water.
He weighed 6lbs. 8oz. and was 20-3/4" long. (sorry no pics my camera crapped out on me last night)

His mom did really great! She labored for a total of about 8 hours before the baby was born, which is actually really fast for the first baby.

I met this couple at an event at Babies R Us and they were excited to start
class right away. Right before I left last night the mom said that this
birth wouldn't have been as beautiful if it weren't for me.
Wow, to think that they got the birth they wanted all because they ran
into me and I taught them what I know, how great!

Another highlight was when the baby came out of the water he looked directly at his mom, her face is the first thing he saw!!

I had a lot of work to complete last night and therefore I was awake for 24 hours straight. I slept for 2.5 hours this morning until I was so hungry I couldn't sleep anymore. Now I'm hoping I can get some sleep today.

0 comments: