CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

10 Very Random Things About Me

1. My grandmothers are both named Helen and have lived on the same street since they got married. (One of Brian's grandma's was named Helen too) Therefore myy middle name is Helena.


2. My parents lived 2 blocks away from each other their entire lives and never met until college, where they fell in love.


3. I am an only child but I was not spoiled like one. I will not let my son be an only child, although somedays it's very tempting!


4. I am a jack of all trades. I have a bachelors degree in Architecture (which I don't use). I once quit my job to start my own painting business (did that for about 1 year before wanting to kill every client I did a proposal or job for). And now I teach chilbirth classes while being a stay-at-home mom. Could these things be any more unrelated!

5. I LOVE to cook.


6. I HATE to be over heated because I sweat a lot. (i know, gross. Sarah can relate)


7. My maiden name was Watt, my married name is Surowiec. I pleaded for hours to have him take my last name. It didn't work, and now all carry out orders are placed in the name "Brian" or whatever I feel like calling myself that day. Betty, Wilma, Fred, Barney, any of the Flintstones will do.


8. My first name is totally and completely made up. There are many other versions, Deidre, etc. but my hippie parents decided to name me Daedra because they didn't like Deidre. I've only seen one other person with the same name and it was some black female basketball player, and I'm sure she didn't pronounce it the same way as I do. (it's DAY-DRA people!!)


9. I once had a high school teacher call me Deborah all year. I didn't correct him because everyone thought it was funny and he was old so I felt bad for him.

10. Brian and actually I met for the first time when we were 4 years old and our moms took a piano class together. And then we didn't meet again until high school (even though we attended the same junior high). We didn't date until we were in college, 2 different colleges. Moms beware, you never know which 4 year old tramp is going to take your son away from you in the future.

I want to hear 10 random things from JMack, LMack, Grande, and Josie

10 comments:

linds said...

oooooooo! Nice color change and great post!! Very funny... I'll work on my list today.

R said...

i knew about the childbirthing classes (which is probably how you know me) and was going to contact you regarding them. however, drew came so fast, and with everything happening around 34 weeks, i freaked out a little and said "give me the epi... now". long story. acutally, short birth, long story.

daedra said...

blogger has some pretty lame layout options, I'm waiting for more creative ones to come along.

Rachelle, I did hear all about your birth from Sarah. I won't judge you, don't worry ;)

Sarah said...

Hey now, don't be p-icking on my sweatiness.

daedra said...

I only pick on you because I don't know anyone else with the cronic sweating problem we have. You'd think we would've been brought together earlier than we did because of us both standing in the hallway at church during the end of pregnancy sweating like crazy.

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

eww, daedra, you sweat like that, too?

disgusting. remind me to never sit between you & sarah until winter hits.

haha.

btw, epidurals ROCK!

hehe.

daedra said...

meAgan, don't get me started

Anonymous said...

i don't like sweat. or any liquid on my skin. eww. but i must say that people who sweat a lot have clean pores.

daedra said...

If my pores are so clean from all the sweating then why do I still get zits?
I'm wishing this conversation would turn into something other than sweat talk.

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

sweat...sweeeeeeeeettttttt!!!