CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2007

The way things work out so perfectly

Two weeks ago I had one of the couples I teach call me 1 hour before the start of our 3rd class to tell me they'd decided to quit. I tried to convince her otherwise but it did not work. I ended up having to refund her $100 and was very disappointed. I immediately laid down on the floor and began to pray (I had to teach in under and hour and was feeling very down). Within 15 minutes I sat up, refreshed by the Lord and decided that I was going to move on with my life. I actually heard the Lord say "This is a blessing, you just can't see it yet." I could see it a little bit, this couple was not very committed, they weren't doing their homework and she wasn't eating very well. But God meant something else, I just didn't know what. (right Linds?)

I've been attending these free events at Babies R Us called "Baby Fest". There are basically 6-8 vendors with their information at tables when customers walk into the store. They have one every month and they each have a different theme. Saturday I was at the Health and Wellness Baby Fest. The store creates this game called Baby Fest Bingo where the customers visit every table and get a sticker in order to get a free prize at the end. (people will do anything for free stuff!) Last month the girl who handed out the bingo cards did a great job, this past Saturday a different girl handed out the cards and she was really slacking. Almost no one came to our tables throughout the day!

However, the first couple that walked up to my table was really interested in what I have to offer. Long story short, they are joining my class this week and I have to catch them up on the first three classes this evening!! It's alot of work on my part but God really brought this through for me and I thank Him so much!

1 comments:

linds said...

That is so awesome Daedra! I love that testimony. I release increase to you and your business. What a beautiful posture you had in bringing it before the Lord and letting him handle it. I love that! Plus, its always better to have people participating because they want to be there and not because they are just doing it out of obligation- its much more enjoyable all around.