CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 21, 2007

2 Minutes for Slashing



My dear sweet husband taught my dear sweet high energy son how to shoot a goal with a hockey stick. (notice the full-size hard plastic blade on the stick in the photo above) While in the basement today Adam decided he was going to start playing hockey while I did the laundry. I came out of the laundry room and was standing next to a table when I got slashed on both ankles by a hockey stick. I know he's only 2 years old but he swings this stick with all the power he has (which is A LOT). I immediately fell to the ground screaming and crying in pain, I've never felt pain like this and I gave birth without meds. Needless to say I won't be joining a hockey team anytime soon, I'm way too big of a wimp if my 2 year old can bring me down.

Funny thing happened last night at the Marriage Course at MDCC. We're all sitting in the sactuary and as usual the side door to outside is open for air flow. Suddenly a squirrel decides to come into the room!!! When we tried to chase him back out he ran up to the stage jump up onto a speaker and launched himself off of it in an attempt to get away. Brian was running around trying to shut all 6 thousand doors in the sanctuary in an attempt to keep him out of the rest of the building. Alas, he got out and into the main hallway. The main entry door was open and the squirrel took off down the hallway and out that door.

I guess I'm feeling adventurous today. I decided I was tired of looking at the stains on Adam's car seat cover and wanted to wash it an let it dry in the sun for a while. After wrestling with the car seat for about 30 minutes I finally got the cover off. Now let's pray I can get that silly thing back on the way it's supposed to go!

0 comments: