CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Currently Cooking


I grew up with this recipe and hated it. Now that I'm an adult I've learned to like asparagus, this isn't Brian's favorite dish but he dines like a king in our house so I don't care. This dish is an acquired taste but if you're stuck with some unexpected asparagus in your box you can rest in knowing it won't go to waste with this one.
Asparagus Pasta serves 2
8 ounces of a thin spaghetti pasta, cooked al dente (I use whole wheat pasta)
1 bunch of asparagus tip cut into 1" pieces
1-1/2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 large clove of garlic, minced
Juice of 1-1/2 lemons
1 Tablespoon of worchestershire sauce
While pasta cooks melt butter in a medium saucepan, add garlic and cook for a few minutes not so long that it begins to brown. Add asparagus tips and toss to coat. Add lemon juice and worchestershire sauce. Cook on medium-low heat until asparagus has heated through but is still a nice bright green (don't make them mushy or it will be gross). Toss pasta with asparagus mixture and serve topped with freshly grated cheese. Good sidedishes: fresh steamed green beans and garlic bread (see post below).
Cook's tip: to find out what an asparagus "tip" is just take your stalk of asparagus and hold one end in each hand. Bend the stalk and it will naturally break the end off. Cut into 1" pieces from there.

3 comments:

Jos said...

daedra- you are awesome! i want to try all of these recipes! keep posting!!! thanks!!!

daedra said...

I'm glad you're enjoying and I'm happy I found a niche in the world of blogging! I just hope I don't run out of tasty dishes. Tonight it's pizza from Jets so no recipe there.

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

yum. i just made some awesome cream of asparagus soup yesterday.